A tent light is an important investment if you plan on doing anything in or outside of your tent at night time without always having to rely on flashlights.
While flashlights are certainly effective, they only project a narrow cone of light which makes it somewhat difficult to see around your campsite and results in uneven, gloomy lighting of the inside of your tent.
That’s why you should opt for the best camping lantern. Start with the recommended products below.
Taotronics Camping Lantern
- Compact Interface and Fast Charge : Sync and Charge simultaneously at fast speeds on your Micro USB compatible devices. Our technology teams make great improvement for the cables performance and 100% guaranteed the safe for your device.
- Super Compatibility : iPhone 8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6Plus /6s Plus/6s /6/ 5s / 5c / 5, iPad Air / Air 2, iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 3, iPad (4th generation), iPod nano (7th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). Compatible with all iOS9 devices.
- Superb Durability : The stainless steel connector heads slot in easily and steadily, and won't get loose or fall out from your devices as your normal micro cables. Nylon braided cord is tangle free and robust promises you a perfect experience in charging your devices.
- Diverse length: 3.3ft/6.6ft/10ft different length for using on sofa, in bed, in car and some other places. The bundles of the micro USB cable make your life more convenient.
- Lightning Cable is perfect size.You can use this cable charging in bed, sofa, cars, hotel rooms, and more from long distance.
- Uses two AA batteries to function
- Features three modes: strong, weak and strobe
- Lasts for 15 hours on strong, 23 hours on strobe and 30 hours on a weak setting
- Features water-resistant construction
If you are searching for the best tent light which features super compact construction mixed with excellent durability, this product from Taotronics should be an ideal purchase.
The main objective of this camping light is to be the best tent light in the ultra-small size category.
This product is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand easily, so it is relatively easy to transport and highly portable in comparison to many other camp lights.
Also, it is quite versatile, featuring three different lighting modes, which vary a number of lumens used, or in the case of the strobe light, alter the pattern of the lighting.
This product also features rubber oil coating, so it is quite resistant to rain and water splashes.
Do not expect this light to work after being dropped in a lake or a creek, however as that is slightly beyond this product’s waterproofing capacity.
Camping lanterns are highly integral accessories that help provide sufficient light to individuals who are out hiking, camping or on any other outdoor mission.
These lanterns can also be used for emergency situations, such as power breakdowns or during natural storms and disasters.
It is important you opt for compact and portable lanterns that are easy to carry and transport from place to place.
If you are in search of a quality device, consider investing in the TaoTronics Camping Lantern for Camping.
- Lightest and Highly Portable – The TaoTronics Camping Lantern for Camping is only 2 inches tall and weighs only 4 ounces. The collapsible lantern can conveniently fit in your pocket, your backpack or in your purse without worry. Simply toss the lantern with your gear and carry it along with you on your hiking or camping trip.
- Lasts 100,000 Hours – The highly efficient and energy-saving lamp can last 100,000 hours and does not have to be replaced. The lamp does contain mercury or any sort of filament.
- Dual-Purpose Handy Camping Equipment Flashlight Lantern – The lantern can be converted into a handy flashlight when completely collapsed.
- 3 Modes – The lamp features 3 modes (strong, weak and strobe) while using only 3 AA batteries. Campers can get up to 15 hours of usage in lumen strong light, 30 hours in weak light and 23 hours in strobe.
- Durable ABS Material – The water-resistant lamp is ideal for all kinds of rugged conditions and is constructed using ABS material.
Overall, for its low price, the TaoTronics Camping Lantern for Camping is worth every penny. If you are a serious camper who travels frequently, you may have to invest in a sturdier device.
However, the TaoTronics Camping Lantern for Camping performs quite well and is best suited for basic campers who might need something to light the way.
Vont LED Camping Lantern
- BRIGHT & LASTING - Equipped with 30 crazy bright LEDs, this compact lantern cuts through 360 degrees of darkness on the stormiest, dimmest nights. Easily lights up the entire tent or room.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT - Collapsible design that reduces or increases the light as you collapse or expand the lantern. When collapsed it's as small as your phone. Easily fits in your backpack or emergency kit.
- WATERPROOF - Constructed with military grade materials, your lantern is able to survive a 10-foot drop and being temporarily submerged under water.
- ORIGINAL PATENTED VERSION - We hand-craft each lantern with the strict quality control to give you the best gear you deserve. Do not equip yourself with inferior lanterns.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - You can rest in knowing that this camping lantern is of utmost quality. Warranted for life, it is covered against loss, theft, and defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own the product. CE/ RoHS/ EMC certified.
- Constructed of military-grade waterproof plastic
- Compatible with rechargeable batteries
- Collapsible design allows brightness adjustment
- Battery life is over 12 hours long
If you are looking for a lantern which is effective and bright, yet still features excellent built construction, you may wish to take a look at this product offered by Vont.
Made using military-grade materials, you can rest assured that this lantern will not break on you anytime soon.
Having a reliable lantern with you while you are camping or hiking is an excellent idea, especially during the night.
Also, the use of replaceable batteries allows you to carry a few extra sets for longer journeys where you will not have access to power outlets or batteries.
While the battery life may be somewhat underwhelming, it is understandable when one considers how bright the lantern itself is.
If you are looking for a lantern that trades compactness for durability and brightness, this is a good choice
When it comes to camping, hiking or practically any other outdoor activity, investing in a lantern is an absolute necessity. It is always great to have an LED lantern on hand in case there is a power breakdown or any other kind of emergency.
Over the years, LED lanterns have become quite popular and can play an important role in making your camping trip more comfortable. Constructed with an intuitive design, LED lanterns have the ability to light up your tent.
If you are looking for the perfect lantern, perhaps you should consider investing in the Divine LEDs Bright Outdoor LED Camping Lantern.
- Constructed Using Military Grade Materials – Rest assured, the premium lantern is of the highest quality and is made using military-grade materials. This makes the lantern extra durable and resistant to wear and tear.
- Low Consumption – The Lantern has a running time of over 12 hours which means the batteries won’t be drained as easily as other products in the market.
- Advanced Collapsible Design – The Divine LEDs Bright Outdoor LED Camping Lantern features an easily collapsible design that works with a simple push of the button.
- Super Long Battery – The Divine LEDs Bright Outdoor LED Camping Lantern is constructed using 30 different individual premium LEDs. This allows campers to benefit from maximum brightness while maintaining super long battery life. What’s best is you can also use rechargeable batteries with the lantern.
Overall, the Divine LEDs Bright Outdoor LED Camping Lantern is a great product that is available at a reasonable price. The lantern is sure to become a great addition to your camping gear.
What To Look For When Buying Your Tent Light
There are a few aspects that should be considered above all of the others when you are looking for the best tent lantern for your money.
Reliability is the first aspect you will want to search for in any light you will use while camping or hiking, regardless of whether you want the best lantern for backpacking or the best tent lantern.
Reliability is imperative because if your tent light fails on you spontaneously, it is rather hard to give it the title of best tent light, as it can plunge you into darkness at any time.
To ensure that your light does not die out on you at any given moment, you must search through the available products regarding tent lights and find the models which feature the longest-lasting light and the best build quality.
Having the most powerful battery ever does not help if the LEDs themselves are dead or the wiring is dead.
The next aspect you will want to search for is, of course, brightness. The best tent lights are sufficiently bright to light up your campsite and the inside of your tent, but they are dim enough not to dazzle you and ruin your night vision.
You will typically want to find the sweet spot between these two extremes if you are interested in finding the best tent light for camping at night.
Number of Lights
Are you headed on a camping trip with your family? If yes, you may have to invest in more than one light source. Tent lights are a great option if you are sharing a family tent.
You may also invest in hands-free headlights or small pocket-sized flashlights in case you need to head outside for a midnight bathroom break.
Consider the size of your tent before investing in a light source. While it is always a good idea to pack more than one tent camping light source, sometimes you may be compelled to save space and pack light.
If space is a problem, ensure you invest in a portable and compact lightweight torch that can be easily transported from place to place.
If you intend on surviving on only one light source, aim for a lightweight torch that you can hang on your rucksack.
How long will your lantern or tent light provide illumination? Things can take a nasty turn if there is an emergency and your flashlight refuses to work. Invest in a reliable tent light you can count on during your hour of need.
To avoid getting caught up in a sticky situation, remember to pack plenty of batteries in case the power runs out. If you do not have room to carry spare batteries, consider investing in a wind-up torch that does not rely on battery power.
Different Types Of Camping Tent Lights
Want to invest in a camping light?
One of the best things about camping is you enjoy sleeping under the stars and strolling around in the moonlight.
However, starlight is not the most reliable source of illumination, especially because it can get pretty dark outside.
Finding your way back to your tent or rummaging around for important camping gear can get difficult if you cannot navigate your way around the campsite.
Fortunately, camping tent lights have come a long way and are now available in various types. We have prepared a handy guide that will help you make the right purchase.
Battery Powered Camping Lanterns
Battery Powered Camping Lanterns are among the popular camping light options today.
These lights are safer than gas and electric lights and can easily be brought inside the tent without worrying about fire hazards. Battery-powered lights are safest to use around children.
However, campers need to be prepared and must bring along extra batteries in case of the lantern’s power off.
Battery-powered lanterns may utilize both non-rechargeable and rechargeable batteries. Typically constructed using plastic, these lamps are lightweight and easy to transport from place to place.
Additionally, battery-powered lanterns are available in a variety of different sizes.
Electric Camping Lights
Electric camping lights are safe alternatives that are widely used by campers today. Electric lanterns typically feature xenon or fluorescent light bulbs. You can choose from many different types in the market today.
These lights typically run on batteries and weigh more than other types of lanterns in the market. Most models include a dimmer switch to save power.
LED Camping Lanterns
LEDs, short for light-emitting diodes, are the latest camping trend in town. Not only are these lights incredibly bright but they are eco-friendly.
LEDs are basically light bulbs without a filament to burn out. This ensures the light shines for a longer period.
LEDs are now being widely used as they are efficient in creating light without heat loss. This helps the unit remain cool.
Most LED tent lights are made using solid resin panels and have a lifespan of 100,000 hours. However, on the downside, LED lights do not project far.
Fuel Powered Camping Lanterns
As the name indicates, fuel-powered camping lights utilize dual fuel, propane, butane or kerosene to power the lantern.
Unfortunately, since fuel is used to create a burning flame, fuel-powered lanterns pose a high risk of accidents.
With these lights, campers are at a higher risk of burning tents, fingers or anything else which might make contact with the lantern.
Additionally, most fuel powered lights feature a glass globe that can easily shatter when dropped. However, on the bright side, these lanterns illuminate much better and generally work better than other options, especially in cold weather.
Most campers prefer choosing a fuel-powered camping lantern that utilizes the same fuel as their stove. Be sure to read up on how to safely handle fuel lanterns.
Other Options Available
- Torches – A torch is a handy camping essential you should not leave behind. Most torches are highly portable and water-resistant. Torches easily out-win other options with their dexterity, power, and precision. However, most battery-powered torches can only last a couple of hours and will need a change of batteries.
- Head Torches – Who will hold up the light when you are setting up the tent and it is pitch black outside. Head torches are a great option and allow you to perform several camping tasks in the dark while keeping your hands free. Be on the lookout for adjustable models that allow you to widen the beam.
- Spotlights – A spotlight creates a concentrated beam of light that pierces into the darkness into far-off distances. Simply add one in your rucksack for greater ease the next time you are going out on an adventure.
These are just a few types of camping tent lights you can choose from to make your trip more comfortable.
Be sure to invest in the best camping lantern according to your convenience, trip duration, and level of ease.